In this week’s newsletter:
- CMASA Africa Inter Club Challenge - Have you entered yet? Don’t’ miss out on this great event and networking opportunity - click here
- VACANCY - COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR – SIMBITHI. See more details below.
- Work Integrated Learning by International Hotel School students - at no cost to your club. Do you need extra hands to assist with your workload and provide necessary training to students at the same time? We have the answer for you.
- CATHSSETA Discretionary Grant Applications Window 2017/18 opens
- 90th CMAA World Conference in Orlando Florida 7th to 11th February 2017. Join the delegation of SA managers attending this powerful education and networking event.
- CMASA Salary and Benefit survey - participation invitation to all our member clubs. Kindly support this powerful benchmark survey for our industry.
- Introducing Heritage Resort partnership / affiliation with the PGA of SA & CMASA.
CATHSSETA Discretionary Grant Applications Window 2017/18 opens
CATHSSETA hereby invites applications for discretionary grant funding from stakeholders and entities who fall within the CATHSSETA scope.
CATHSSETA DISCRETIONARY GRANTS 2017/18 WINDOW APPLICATIONS
OPENING DATE: 01 November 2016
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2016 at 23h59
Margaret Smith Consulting has offered to assist with completion of your application/s in terms of SETA regulations, at a discounted rate for CMASA members of R1500.00 per application.
Margaret Smith Consulting
Mobile: +27 83 245 9978
| WORLD CONFERENCE ON CLUB MANAGEMENT AND CLUB BUSINESS EXPO:
Orlando, florida 7th - 11th Feb 2017
CMAA's World Conference and the Club Business Expo is the Association's most visible event of the year. Over the past several years, audiences of nearly 5,000 have attended this event, held in major cities throughout the United States. The World Conference fulfils CMAA's mission to provide a variety of relevant education opportunities that reflect the latest trends in the club industry. These include Pre-Conference Workshops, seminars, management clinics, round-table discussions, student programs and keynote addresses by distinguished speakers. CMAA members truly profit from the variety of opportunities available and the many innovative ideas that can be easily implemented in their clubs.
- 90th World Conference on Club Management and Club Business Expo
February 7-11, 2017
Orlando World Center Marriott
- Club Business Expo February 9-10, 2017
- Orlando World Center Marriott
If you would like to register, click on this link and choose the ‘Full registration w/o Club Foundation Event $990’
|Vacancies - the latest vacancies within the Club Industry are listed on D6.
VACANCY - Communication Coordinator - Simbithi
Simbithi Eco Estate Home Owners Association has an exciting position for a Communications Coordinator, who will be required to plan, direct, and coordinate communication strategies for the Estate.
- Board & AGM Meetings/ – Board / AGM Packs and Minutes (Shorthand)
- Website enquiries and Emergency Correspondence
- Marketing and Communication Diploma, degree or related
- Proven experience working with Photoshop and/or Graphic Design
- Good report writing skills
- Shorthand / proven minute taking skills
Interested candidates may email their Curriculum Vitae together with a covering note to email@example.com by no later than Friday, 18th November 2016
Simbithi Eco Estate Home Owners Association is an equal opportunity employer.
For full details - click here - add in applicable link to this vacancy
If you have not yet downloaded the new D6 software, please click here and follow the easy steps to register.
Water shedding now in effect in Gauteng as well as other provinces. See latest news from WATER WISE
GEO - have you registered your club yet? Please click here to do so.
|INDUSTRY STANDARDS & RESOURCES:
CMASA Salary and Benefit survey - participation invitation:
The time has come to conduct the annual CMASA Salary and Benefit review. This year, under the guidance and expertise of the Braxton Group, we are putting in place a more effective process than the previous year, to ensure improved quality and credibility of the data for final review.
We therefore invite you to take part in our annual CMASA Salary and Benefit review.
If your club would like to participate, please send an email to Peformax@braxton.co.za informing them about your participation and provide them with a contact person at your club (i.e. GM/CEO or FM), whom they can contact to determine the specific information applicable to your club, and how this would compare with those of other CMASA club members.
We look forward to implementing this improved process, as it will be of great value for every one of our members.
Kindly advise of your participation by 18th November 2016.
If you cannot gain access to the ‘members only’ section of the CMASA website, please click here to register.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those listed under their club membership will be granted access to the ‘members only’ section of the website.
Should you wish to be added as an additional user, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will inform you of the process.
|EDUCATION - I H S Work Integrated Training and upcoming workshops
Work Integrated Learning by International Hotel School students - at no cost to your club. Participate in this beneficial training and transformation for the club industry.
I H S have a group of Hospitality Management (HM) students who need to complete their 10-weeks of WIL from the 21st of February 2016. Sign up now to participate, click on this link to find out more.
- 2 Day Executive Workshop, delivered by Roy Braxton. 24th and 25th November in Stellenbosch - Click here for more details.
|CMASA/PGA AFFILIATE PARTNER PROGRAM
Don’t miss out on the latest offerings and special deals for your club. Click here to see the list of affiliate partner offerings.
Introducing Heritage Resort partnership / affiliation with the PGA of SA & CMASA.
Recently announced as the Best Golf Course and Best Golf Resort in the Indian Ocean, Heritage Resorts is extremely proud of its affiliation with the PGA of South Africa & CMASA. As the host of the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open in 2015 and in 2017, Heritage Resorts has set itself apart by providing a world class resort experience and coupling that with a championship Peter Matkovich designed golf course and unparalleled 5 Star service. Excitingly, Heritage Resorts plans to open a second golf course in 2018 which will further add to its already world class golfing experience. We invite you to book your dream golf tour and vacation with Heritage Resorts by taking advantage of our PGA preferred offers. Click here
|Exciting announcement coming soon. Let us handle this for you and find the right candidate for ANY vacancy that arises in your club, from Front of house, maintenance, F&B to General Management – we cover all areas and have a database full of strong candidates. Email Lusanda email@example.com or Janyne today - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check out D6 communicator or www.clubmanagement.co.za for the daily updates to news and resources from CMASA.
Wishing you a fabulous week,