In this week’s newsletter:
- Antonio Rossetti General Manager Group Accounts On Premise, will be taking early retirement from SAB.
- CMASA Africa Inter Club Challenge - Somerset West and Umhlali have confirmed their spots – have you reserved your spot? Sign up today and ensure you don’t miss out - click here
- LATEST VACANCIES:
- CLUB MANAGER – PAARL GOLF CLUB – BOSCHENMEER GOLF ESTATE
- ASSISTANT CATERING AND BAR MANAGERS – KILLARNEY CC
See more details below.
- 90th CMAA World Conference in Orlando Florida 7th to 11th February 2017. Join the delegation of SA managers attending this powerful education and networking event.
- HR UPDATE - The Club Labour Brief 1: Managing Skills, Employment Equity & Requirement for BBBEE Verification.
- CMASA membership subscriptions for 2017/2018 will be sent out in early December. We would appreciate early payment of the subscriptions in order to manage the associations operations and meet our strategic objectives. Your support in this regard will be appreciated.
CMASA MEMBER REVIEW of 2016. The purpose of this review is to determine the degree of member satisfaction and perception of CMASA. We kindly encourage all our members to participate and provide applicable information where possible to ensure a better scope of the results and industry overview.
We appreciate your participation and support of this survey. Click here>>> Assessment
|BREAKING NEWS - Antonio Rossetti will be taking early retirement from SAB.
We wish to announce that General Manager Group Accounts On Premise, Antonio Rossetti will be taking early retirement from SAB.
Message from our Chairman, Paul Leishman : “Antonio has not only been an incredible and consistent supporter and friend of CMASA over the past 25 years but he has also been a true friend to myself and many other club employees over his successful career at SAB.
He will leave a great legacy as he takes some time off and considers opportunities to keep him busy … he is way too young to retire. His passion for his brand and his commitment to education and professional development in the club industry will remain with us for a long time. We wish him all the best with wherever life takes him.”
Antonio joined SAB in 1991 as a sales representative in Egoli Region and over the span of his 25 year career with SAB held various management roles in sales, exports, channel and finally in group accounts where he built the current SAB group account capability over the past 18 years.
I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Antonio Rossetti for the considerable contribution he has made to SAB and to the beer category in South Africa over the past 25 years.
Antonio’s last day in the office will be 31 January 2017.
For full letter - click here
| WORLD CONFERENCE ON CLUB MANAGEMENT AND CLUB BUSINESS EXPO:
Orlando, florida 7th - 11th Feb 2017
CMAA's World Conference and the Club Business Expo is the Association's most visible event of the year. Over the past several years, audiences of nearly 5,000 have attended this event, held in major cities throughout the United States. The World Conference fulfils CMAA's mission to provide a variety of relevant education opportunities that reflect the latest trends in the club industry. These include Pre-Conference Workshops, seminars, management clinics, round-table discussions, student programs and keynote addresses by distinguished speakers. CMAA members truly profit from the variety of opportunities available and the many innovative ideas that can be easily implemented in their clubs.
- 90th World Conference on Club Management and Club Business Expo
February 7-11, 2017
Orlando World Center Marriott
- Club Business Expo February 9-10, 2017
- Orlando World Center Marriott
If you would like to register, click on this link and choose the ‘Full registration w/o Club Foundation Event $990’
|Vacancies - the latest vacancies within the Club Industry are listed on D6.
CLUB MANAGER- PAARL GOLF CLUB
Paarl Golf Club, one of the Western Cape’s leading member- based clubs has a vacancy for a dynamic and passionate individual to lead the management team.
The responsibilities of the job incumbent include:
- Strategic management of key functions within the Club (marketing and brand management, golf operations, budgeting and financial management, course management, asset & risk management, contract management, staff management and administrative systems & support)
- Financial sustainability of Club
- Excellent relations with members and good standing within the golfing industry
All suitable candidates are requested to submit applications (condensed CV’s), to Maryke Willemse, at email@example.com by 13 December 2016. Please quote the name of the position in the subject line.
For full details - click here
ASSISTANT CATERING AND BAR MANAGERS - KILLARNEY CC
Two vacancies available.
- Highly professional in appearance, character and conduct
- Positive attitude and team spirit
- Effective interpersonal skills, ingenuity and creativity
- Shows passion for our guests and enthusiasm about the job
- Ability to work under pressure and to adjust to flexible working hours
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace - fluency in English is required; any other additional language skills are appreciated
- Good communication skills
Interested applicants to please sent their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline is 07 December 2016.
Full full details - click here
If you have not yet downloaded the new D6 software, please click here and follow the easy steps to register.
GEO - have you registered your club yet? Please click here to do so.
|HR UPDATE - The Club Labour Brief 1:
Managing Skills, Employment Equity & Requirement for BBBEE Verification.
HR UPDATE - by PONS PROCESS CONSULTING - :
The Club Labour Brief 1: Managing Skills & Employment Equity
Skills Development Act compliance
Any entity whose annual turnover exceeds R 500 000.00 is required to register with SARS for
and pay a monthly skills development levy of 1% of payroll as required by the Skills
Development Levies Act.
An employer may elect to participate in the Skills Development Act process. Participation in this
process is voluntary. The Skills Development Act is enabling legislation encouraging employers
to utilise the 1% of payroll on developing skills within their organisation.
Employers participate in the Skills Development process for the following reasons:
- To claim Grants based on levies paid, although these have reduced and are
considered more difficult / administratively burdensome to claim. (20% for Mandatory
Grants and a maximum of 49.5% for Discretionary Grants)
- A minimum evidence requirement for Broad Based Black Economic
Empowerment (BBBEE) verification.
Should an organisation require either of the above they must:
Full details - click here
If you cannot gain access to the ‘members only’ section of the CMASA website, please click here to register.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those listed under their club membership will be granted access to the ‘members only’ section of the website.
Should you wish to be added as an additional user, please email email@example.com and we will inform you of the process.
|EDUCATION - CATHSSETA Discretionary Grant Applications window closes 30th November.
CATHSSETA Discretionary Grant Applications Window 2017/18 opens
CATHSSETA hereby invites applications for discretionary grant funding from stakeholders and entities who fall within the CATHSSETA scope.
CATHSSETA DISCRETIONARY GRANTS 2017/18 WINDOW APPLICATIONS
OPENING DATE: 01 November 2016
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2016 at 23h59
Margaret Smith Consulting has offered to assist with completion of your application/s in terms of SETA regulations, at a discounted rate for CMASA members of R1500.00 per application.
Margaret Smith Consulting
Mobile: +27 83 245 9978
- Work Integrated Learning by International Hotel School students - at no cost to your club. Participate in this beneficial training and transformation for the club industry.
I H S have a group of Hospitality Management (HM) students who need to complete their 10-weeks of WIL from the 21st of February 2016. Sign up now to participate, click on this link to find out more.
|CMASA/PGA AFFILIATE PARTNER PROGRAM
Don’t miss out on the latest offerings and special deals for your club. Click here to see the list of affiliate partner offerings.
|Exciting announcement coming soon. Let us handle this for you and find the right candidate for ANY vacancy that arises in your club, from Front of house, maintenance, F&B to General Management – we cover all areas and have a database full of strong candidates. Email Lusanda firstname.lastname@example.org or Janyne today - email@example.com
Please check out D6 communicator or www.clubmanagement.co.za for the daily updates to news and resources from CMASA.
Wishing you a fabulous week,