BMI Food & Beverage
Kelvin Grove - Sept 2018
13 Managers from various clubs in South Africa participated in the powerful BMI Food & Beverage Management course hosted at Kelvin Grove from 29th August to 2nd September 2018. Their aim was to develop their Food & Beverage knowledge to improve the hospitality experience at their Club.
The programme was delivered by CMASA as part of the global CCM certification programme and facilitated by Ronette Conradie and Michael Leemhuis.
Mike Leemhuis did what he does best – he shared his insights and experience on what it takes to be a good leader. This session was extremely powerful and engaging.
“I loved Mike’s presentation! I’ve learnt so much from him and I am completely inspired” – Sindy Tomsett, Lifestyle Manager at Dainfern Golf Estate.
This BMI consisted of a few practical’s, such as;
Cocktail Tips, trends and techniques – facilitated by Ronette Conradie
Whisk(e)y Tasting – Facilitated by Alan Shuman
Effective Plate Presentation – Facilitated by Head Chef – Andrew Wheelan
The below topics were covered and provided the delegates with tools and insights on how to manage and raise standards in front of house operations, controlling costs, driving sales and to be able to work closer with their teams to achieve better results.
- How the Food & Beverage experience plays a vital role and key to success in a Club environment.
- The costings breakdown, margin and how to turn your bar/catering into a profitable operation in conjunction with your team or contract caterer.
- Stocktaking and its role in ensuring that margin is protected.
- Key elements of Menu Engineering & Design focusing on local produce & provenance to increase your sales and get the feel good factor.
- How Health & Nutrition plays an important part in today’s modern lifestyle and how to communicate this to your Members through your menus.
- Effective plate presentation and standards with tools and experience.
- A practical experience of cooking a meal from start to finish within a large kitchen and understanding the pressures of the kitchen environment.
- Health & Safety Legislation for the Club Manager and how to run a compliant kitchen.
- Important steps and planning to ensure that you have a successful event at your Club.
- Getting the most from the Wine List, educating your team to upsell from House.
- Achieving more sales and margin from selling a quality coffee and tea product to your members.
- How to get buy in from your team to deliver a higher standard at your Club and to change old habits.
- Marketing and communicating to your membership your enhanced food & beverage offering.
- Manage and analyze feedback fairly to constantly drive forward your product and get results.
- We look forward to seeing more managers at the next BMI in 2019.
For more information on the BMI courses, check out http://www.clubmanagement.co.za/education.php
Or please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Club Management Association of Southern Africa
Tel: 011 482 7542